2007年8月17日星期五

Treasurable Lesson - 991 Tai Tong

Today is a really memorial day because I encountered the first cut-loss in my life.

Basically, Tai Tung is a company with a well manaement team. (How can I know that? From Quamnet? Obviously, it's not an adequate answer.)

At my buying price, $6.22, she acquired a PE multiple by > 26x already. This buy-in action cannot be treated as an investment but rather a speculation. Of course, you can argue that its ratio will drop to a more comfortable level as she performs well in her next financial annoucement. However, buying such stake in this level cannot sustain a comfortable "Margin of Safety". As the price was free falling today, it's already beyond the cut-loss point, 20% (commonly 10%-15%), by 7%. I just wonder such a large cut-loss value can be bearable to let the stock price bounce back again in this highly volatile market situation. I sold all the stocks at $4.49. Loss rate is 27.8%.

It's really a treasurable lesson. Today is a big day. Thanks, Mr. Market!!!


沒有留言: